Tuesday, August 21, 2012

After the Wedding

My sister's wedding was this past weekend (lots of good story inspiration there) and I had a blast! However, I did pick up a few good pieces of advice for any Maid of Honor. 1 - be sure that you break in your shoes for the wedding REALLY well. I have to admit that I didn't break them in as well as I should have and now I'm overcoming a rather large blister on the back of one heel.  (The downtime with it, however, gives me more time to write).  2 - This one is pretty important as well.  Be sure to practice your squats in the weeks leading up to the wedding.  Between the dancing and bending to straighten/fix/repin my sister's bustle on the dress, my legs hurt sooooo bad! they are finally getting better today, but until this morning it hurt to walk. Just keep those things in mind.

On the brighter side of life, I finished the sequel to my first novel ("Precious Jewel") and I'm moving on to other books :) . I am so glad that my job is something I love to do.


Quote of the Week:
A Door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
                                                                                        - Unknown

Fun Fact of the Week:
In a very early draft of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones carried brass knuckles instead of a bullwhip.

Story Starter of the Week:
Lori needed a new set of brakes for her car, so she went down the street to the service station.  However, instead of brakes, she found something completely different. What was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment