Monday, October 15, 2012

The Potential for Joy

"Even the worst days have the potential for joy."
A quote in one of my favorite television shows hit me square in the face.  I knew that during the past week, I had been letting my emotions and the stress of some situations dictate whether I was in a good or bad mood.    Right then and there I decided that I will always look for joy in whatever situation arises.  
That means that even when my hormones are going crazy, I am not going to let my feelings control me.  Whether my roommates love me or hate me, I will remain in God's plan and be the happy, carefree person I am.  This statement stands true for people and for characters that I have created recently.
In one of my newest stories, a quote appeared on the page in front of me that read: "She knew that the stress of the situation and the early rising were determining her mood."  Ugh!  How I wish that wasn't true for most of the world.  I have worked for years on keeping my emotions under control.  "I rule my emotions, they don't rule me" was a year-long motto until I finally understood it.  Now I have a different problem.  When I talk to other people - especially women - that are around me, I realize that they are living by their emotions. They can be laughing and smiling one minute and biting your head off the next.  This is no way to live!  However, I am still working on how to let them know that.  Because, If they are living by their emotions, they don't want to hear that.  It's funny how no one wants to know how to fix a problem they have.  Someone I know told me that she didn't want to live on a roller coaster of emotions, but then wouldn't allow me to help her learn how to live above her feelings.  This gets so frustrating!  However, I trust that with time they will learn to listen and obey the voice of God telling them how to rule their feelings.


Quote of the Week:
"A Trap is only a trap if you don't know about it.  If you know about it, it's a challenge."
                                                                                                           -- China Mieville

Fun Fact of the Week:
 On average, 100 people choke to death on ball point pens every year, so be careful. 

Story Starter of the Week:
This week, we have a picture story starter!  Have fun with it!  (and remember to leave your stories in the comments!)


No comments:

Post a Comment