Monday, October 1, 2012

Days Go By...

I can't believe that it has only been two weeks since I arrived here at college. On the other hand, I can't believe it has been two weeks since I arrived!  If you look closely at those sentences, they are almost identical, but with a totally different thought pattern behind them.  The first sentence denotes my sorrow and frustration and how much I miss home.  The second denotes that the time is flying by so rapidly!  You know, it's weird. I feel like I have been here for so long and yet I can't believe I've already been here this long.  Time goes by in funny ways, and right now it feels like Thanksgiving is closing in way too rapidly but I'll never get home for Christmas at this rate.  Is that weird?  Have you ever counted the days until the end of school, only to find that they're going by too fast?  Or is that just me?  Sometimes I wonder if I'm normal or completely abnormal.  Someone help me out here!


Quote of the Week:
"The Impossible could not have happened. Therefore, the impossible must be possible inspite of appearances."
                                                                                    -- Agatha Christie

Fun Fact of the Week:
Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. The average adult? 15.

Story Starter of the Week:
Jenna had never seen such a beautiful forest.  It stretched on as far as she could see.  She took one step in and turned to go back out.  Suddenly, she found that there was no way out.  What happens next?


*Don't forget to post your stories in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment