Monday, November 12, 2012

Randomness

I have had the weirdest day today.  First, my Barnabas friend left me.  I haven't gotten half the things done that I want to, and the computer lab is unusually busy.  But, that just means that today I am learning to live in Grace.
On a higher note, YFR #1 (or Youth Fall Retreat, for those of you who couldn't figure out the shortened version) was amazing!  I got to dance with Hip Hop Crew and I also got to pray for the most precious twelve year old on the planet!  She came to the altar crying and just needed a hug.  She also had me pray for her family.
You see, I didn't need to know what exactly was going on with her family in order to pray for her.  For some reason I seem to be the designated "give-them-God's-love" person.  Every time I have prayed for someone at a retreat thus far, they have been someone who just needed love.  This girl had such a heart for Jesus that it made my heart beat faster.  She was amazing, just going through some things that she needed prayer for.  God can use anyone, including you.  If you want to be used to give love to someone, He will use you.  Maybe you're scared to pray face to face and you just want to pray from afar.  He will still use you.  You are wanted, you are loved, and God wants to use YOU.


Quote of the Week:
What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh no, it's curved like a road through mountains.
                                                                         - Tennessee Williams

Fun Fact of the Week:
When Astronauts returned from the moon, they had to go through customs.

Story Starter of the Week:
George was a peanut, who liked to eat Peanut butter.  Was he strange or normal?  Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment