Tuesday, September 18, 2012

College: week one

So I just moved into college.  It's 20 hours away from my family and friends and I don't know anyone here.  I must admit I am a bit scared.  I haven't found that one person who I can talk to no matter what...yet. I haven't made many friends at all besides my roommates (and, yes, there are five of them).  I'm not sure what to do with my time.  Sure, there's a scheduled out block for classes and church and special events, but what about the other hours in the day? I admit I felt absolutely alone for the first two days, but today it has started getting better.  I finally put my trust in Jesus to lead the right friends to me and to lead me to the right friends.  I also requested that he hurry.  I've never liked feeling lonely, and I finally realized that I don't have to be.


Quote of the  Week:
Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward. They may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.
                                                   - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Fun Fact of the Week:
Panda's are not considered bears.  It's because they have opposable thumbs.  Just so you know.

Story Starter of the Week:
Jeslyn finds herself thrown four years into the future.  How have people changed for the better/worse and what will she do to change the world's society?

No comments:

Post a Comment