Monday, April 2, 2012

Busy Life and Government Sites

yes, I do realize that I haven't written in nearly a month.  I've been busy!  Our family is planning both a wedding and a graduation (for two separate people, for you smart-alecks out there) and I have senior pictures on Sunday. On top of that, I am the maid of honor in the wedding and therefore must write a speech! EEP!
My life is also always busy with my writing.  It is my passion, after all.  For those writers out there, I have been very busy researching for my newest novel.  Let me tell you, the Freedom of Information Act is my friend sometimes.  Also, the Border Patrol website and the CIA website.  They are all quite handy.  In case you're thinking that I'm crazy, I'm not.  I just write suspense novels.  This usually includes -- oh, I don't know -- something to do with government agencies and PIs.  Still think I'm crazy?  Try writing a suspense novel without doing research on government websites.  I'm telling you, they give you the most realistic look into the life of their agencies, agents, and protocols.  So, for all you who are even thinking of writing a mystery or suspense book.  Be prepared to go to the websites of the FBI, CIA, and Border Patrol AT LEAST!!!! 

Quote of the Week:
"Ten percent of marriages end in divorce, but 100% of ice cream sunday bars end in happiness."
-- Unknown                           

Fun Fact of the Week:
Popsicles were invented by an 11-year-old boy. He left his soda and juice outside all night.  It froze.  He decided to sell it.


Story Starter of the Week:
Imagine yourself as a foreigner in a brand new world.  You don't speak the language and you don't know how else to communicate with the "sophisticated" civilization there.  How would your first day pan out. (tip: write it in the first person)

No comments:

Post a Comment