Monday, February 13, 2012

Fun, fun, fun!

So, today is just a fun day.  As my 4 year old cousin Alex would say, "fun, fun, fun!" (he sings it).  Let's talk about the differences between modern world and one of my favorite periods...medieval times. (oooooh! aaaaah!)
Lately I have been reading (and writing) books about medieval times.  You know, Robin Hood, Camelot, all that stuff.  I find it is sooooo much fun to write about those times.  It is especially fun to write about people with British accents.  I love accents.
I am currently writing a story about two British people around the time of Robin Hood.  They are amazing.  Yes, I do refer to my characters as if they are real people.  Anyway, I noticed a lot of differences between then and now.  Like, then you could wear a floor-length dress every day and not get asked why.  Now you wear a floor length dress for no apparent reason and everyone thinks you're loopy.  Then people spoke with good grammar.  Now......not so much.  Also, back then they didn't have people wearing pants that fell off of them.  NOT condemning, just saying that it is reality.  On the other hand, if I lived back then I wouldn't have technology and this blog wouldn't exist.  So, I guess NOW wins.  You should come up with your own comparisons.  Share them with me, ok?

Quote of the Week:
"The love of books is among the choicest gifts of God."
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle        

Fun Fact of the Week:
If something has been mummified for hundreds of years, it will disintegrate on contact with fresh air.

Story Starter of the Week:
Marilin loved her castle.  It was the most beautiful place in the entire kingdom.  One day, however, all of that changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment